Wednesday, January 9, 2013

When Nail Polish Remover Doesn't Cut It

 So I painted my nails for the first time since my son was born over the holidays with some Ulta nail polish I found while doing some organizing.  I tried to take it off after 2 days because it began to chip, which I can't stand!  As you can see, acetone nail polish remover just didn't cut it. 
 

I panicked, worried my nails would stay that color until they grew out. After throwing the nail polish in the garbage I began brainstorming solutions. Since I always have it on hand and it works on so many other things, I pulled out the vinegar and baking soda.  Here's what I did:

 

1. Soak nails in vinegar for 30 seconds. 
2. Stick nails in baking soda.
3. Gently massage nails.
4. Dip fingernails in vinegar.
5. Rinse with water.
 
Voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment