Saturday, November 10, 2012

Sibling Collaboration Experiment!

My brother is a budding photographer.  He's been building his portfolio for about a year since he inherited a quality camera from my uncle. 

A big part of success on Etsy is having great pictures.  He's been helping me out a lot with my shots.  However we have a very uncooperative model. 
 
It seems like the only way we can really get him too cooperate is to put him in the swing.  (Yes-- he was in motion in the shot below). 

 
I had an idea.  I've been pestering my brother to take his photography up a level for a while.  He is just so talented.  Here is some evidence of that (which I borrowed from his facebook account) . 



The butterfly is my favorite!  I have a large print in my dining room.
 This hawk (I think) was way high up in a tree.  I'm in awe of his ability here. 

He's been branching out and working on his sports shots lately
 

 
 And just because they're so darn cute!
 
 
So this is what I pitched to him-- a photo shoot!  I'd have a bunch of hats ready.  Parents could bring their child(ren).  For $20 participants will get a custom handmade hat and a 5x7 portrait of their little one.  I'll get some great photos for Etsy.  John will get more experience for his portfolio.  Everyone wins! 
 
As long as the weather cooperates, we'll be doing this at Red Bank Battlefield Park on Sunday, November 18 from 1PM to Sunset (it's safe to say the last shoot will probably be at 4:30).  Message me to reserve your time slot and hat.  We have to cap the event at 10 "sessions."
 
 
P.S.  John said he'd also be happy to take family shots (great for holiday cards) while you're there.  He'll sell you the image file for $5 and his prices for prints are pretty cost effective as well.  He does not just point and shoot, he uses editing software he was trained on in college.

No comments:

Post a Comment